Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby now is almost an exact, but miniature version of itself at birth. Baby now looks less like a little alien and in next 3 weeks baby will double its current length.
- The head makes up about half of the fetus’s body; this will change as the baby grows. The fetus can sigh, stretch, move its head and suck its thumb.
- Baby's forehead is less bulging and its eyes positioned more in the middle of its face. Its fingers and toes, which until recently were just little connected paddles, have now separated into clear discernable and separate digits.
- Baby's body is less curled up and is straightening out. Until recently, its shape was more of a curved C, but now its body is less curled, except for its legs which remain flexed at the hip.
- Nearly all the organs and body structures are formed and beginning to function. Genitals begin to take on either male or female form. The iris will begin to develop this week and finger nails appear.
- Nipples appears on baby's chest, baby's ears which have been positioned low down on their neck are now in position almost where they should be, on either side of their head.
- If your baby is a girl, this week her ovaries will start to develop. At birth, she will have as many eggs as she will ever have throughout her lifetime. Your baby's external genitals are also forming, minute as they are.
- Mother may now start feeling the presence of a baby in her womb, a full feeling in pelvis when bladder is full, or after eating a large meal.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 1.61 inch or 4.1 centimeter Crown to Rump (CR) and weighs about 0.25 ounce or 7 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week||Fetal Growth Next Week ►|
|Fetal Growth in ...|
|1st month||2nd month||3rd month||4th month|
|5th month||6th month||7th month||8th month|
|9th month||10th month|