Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby's permanent teeth buds are forming behind the already formed milk teeth buds and the baby's skin is so translucent that their veins are clearly visible.
- Baby's kidneys are visible on ultrasound this week onwards and are producing urine which forms a fair percentage of the amniotic fluid.
- Lanugo appears all over the baby's body. This fine hair will remain until birth draws nearer. Sometimes these hairs can still be seen on baby's face and ears after birth.
- Brown fats are added to baby’s body and this will help baby to keep their vital organs protected from temperature extremes in the newborn period.
- Baby is developing more hair on its little head as well as on their body, your baby may have a mop of thick hairs on his head at birth, even some babies are born bald and stay that way for months.
- Baby spends a lot of its time sleeping, even there are times when it is more active and has cycles of moving around and even kicking.
- Ultrasound pictures of babies taken now onwards show them touching the membrane of the amniotic sac, touching their own faces, reaching for the umbilical cord, pedaling their legs, and sucking their thumbs.
- If the baby is a girl, early ovaries contain primitive egg cells.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 6.02 inches or 15.3 centimeter Crown to Rump (CR) and weighs about 8.47 ounces or 240 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week||Fetal Growth Next Week ►|
|Fetal Growth in ...|
|1st month||2nd month||3rd month||4th month|
|5th month||6th month||7th month||8th month|
|9th month||10th month|