Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby is rapidly gaining weight and can taste, smell, and eyes can produce tears, baby can suck thumb, blink, roll, kick, grasp and hiccough. The bones are almost fully developed though still soft.
- Baby’s brain is developing rapidly and will increase about 400 to 500 percent in weight between now and delivery, brain is changing from being soft and smoothly rounded to having familiar grooves and indentations on its surface.
- Baby's eye lashes are developing, and subcutaneous fat is deposited. Baby's head hair are growing, though some babies are born bald or with fine almost invisible hairs on their head, others are born with a thatch of hair.
- Baby continues to practice breathing amniotic fluid in and out of its lungs and swallowing it as well.
- A baby born at this time has good chances of survival with the help of advance medical technology.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 14.80 inches or 37.6 centimeter Crown to Heel and weighs about 2.22 pounds or 1005 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week||Fetal Growth Next Week ►|
|Fetal Growth in ...|
|1st month||2nd month||3rd month||4th month|
|5th month||6th month||7th month||8th month|
|9th month||10th month|