Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby is now becoming more ready for birth with each passing hour. The brain of baby has nearly doubled in last six weeks, though the nervous system, lungs and immune system are still maturing, everything else from toenails to the head hairs are fully formed.
- Baby on average is putting ˝ pounds a week, mostly adding fats that will be needed to regulate body temperature and to insulate them once born.
- Energy that was used in expanding length will now be refocused on their weight gain. There won't be much increase in length other than a couple of centimeters in the last few weeks until they are born.
- Intense brain growth is occurring and the neurons and early connections in baby’s brain are developing. Remember to add Omega 3 rich foods in daily diet. Oily fish such as salmon, sardines and tuna are good sources.
- Baby born this week onwards will have 99% chances of surviving.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 18.19 inches or 46.2 centimeter Crown to Heel and weighs about 5.25 pounds or 2383 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week||Fetal Growth Next Week ►|
|Fetal Growth in ...|
|1st month||2nd month||3rd month||4th month|
|5th month||6th month||7th month||8th month|
|9th month||10th month|