Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- The gastrointestinal tract, spinal cord, heart, brain, blood and blood vessel begins to form.
- The embryo is about the size of an orange seed or a nail-head and can just be seen on an ultrasound. It is now possible to differentiate between the head and the tail of your baby.
- Baby's heart begins to beat.
- The baby looks like a tadpole and has a primitive heart which has already started beating and circulating blood around its little body.
- Your baby's brain and spinal cord are forming but are still open.
- Baby will grow to average length of about ¼ inch or 4 to 6 mm Crown to Rump (CR) towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week||Fetal Growth Next Week ►|
|Fetal Growth in ...|
|1st month||2nd month||3rd month||4th month|
|5th month||6th month||7th month||8th month|
|9th month||10th month|