Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby is growing rapidly and now is beginning to independently regulate its body temperature and the bone marrow is completely in charge of producing the red blood cells. By now baby urinates about half liter of urine into the amniotic fluid everyday.
- Baby's movements will probably peak in month from weeks 26 to 30 as there is still plenty of space for complete body movement and to change positions, with time as the baby grows the space will become more cramped and the baby once making wild gymnastic parties will slowly be able to make only smaller moves such as moving elbows or knees.
- Baby's adrenal glands are producing a chemical which will be converted into estriol (a form of estrogen) by the placenta. Estriol is believed to stimulate the production of prolactin by mother’s body and to produce milk for breastfeed.
- Baby's lung is developing and airways are further maturing, with little tree like structures - the bronchioles and alveoli are increasing in number every moment, however it takes up to eight years for a child's respiratory system to become fully mature.
- Baby is still less than half the weight it will be at birth and there is lots of muscles getting build and fats being accumulated under its skin and if the baby is born now, it would look very thin with long limbs.
- Baby's chances of survival are increasing with every passing week.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 15.2 inches or 38.6 centimeter Crown to Heel and weighs about 2.54 pounds or 1153 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week||Fetal Growth Next Week ►|
|Fetal Growth in ...|
|1st month||2nd month||3rd month||4th month|
|5th month||6th month||7th month||8th month|
|9th month||10th month|