Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby's nose, lips and taste buds are formed. Baby may even be growing soft and fine hair called lanugo on its head. Baby's heart beats at around twice the rate of adult human.
- Baby is now producing urine and actually urinating into the amniotic fluid. It also can practice "breathing" the amniotic fluid in and out of its lungs. Amniotic fluid is an amazing substance, it completely regenerates itself every three hours.
- Baby's eyelids are fused over their eyes, which though fully developed, are too sensitive to be exposed to anything which could irritate them.
- Baby's neck is now separating baby’s little head and its chest. Its chin is jutting out more and those little ears which until now, were positioned quite low down, have moved into their rightful place on the side of the head.
- Baby is making facial movements such as frowning and squinting. Generally female fetus shows mouth movements much more often than males. It's still flickering around in your uterus, making sudden jumping movements which you won't be aware of until next couple of weeks.
- If you are having twins or a multiple babies, your tummy may be much bigger than you expect it to be. One of the first signs of carrying more than one baby is excessive nausea and being large for dates. An ultra-sound will soon pick up if there is more than one baby inside.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 3.42 inches or 8.7 centimeter Crown to Rump (CR) and weighs about 1.52 ounce or 43 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...