Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby’s veins are clearly visible through their skin, although it quickly changes from transparent to opaque. Baby is growing longer and laying down more fats that will serve as an effective means of insulation when they are born.
- Lungs are developing surfactant, which allows them to inflate.
- Baby’s eyelids are no longer fused and baby will soon learn to open and close their eyes, blink and practice focusing in the remaining few months of your pregnancy. Baby is now aware of light and darkness.
- Baby can hear surrounding sounds like mother’s heartbeat, digestion, and other body functions as well as external noises, baby may jump around inside womb at sudden noise.
- Baby begins to sleep for longer periods, often matching them with the sleeping pattern of the mother. The amniotic fluid isn't being produced at the same volume as they were a couple of weeks ago and as your baby is bigger now and stretches out its arms and legs more often, with less fluid to buffer its movements, you'll be now more aware of baby’s kicks and stretches.
- An average birth weight of a normal baby at birth is around 3.5 kilograms with pregnancy factors, genetics and individual DNA influencing its size and weight.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 14.02 inches or 35.6 centimeter Crown to Heel and weighs about 1.68 pound or 760 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...