Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby is continuing to grow bigger and bigger each day. The baby can now take deep breaths, blink eyes, open eye when awake and close them when asleep, the pupils dilate and constrict in reaction to light and limits the amount of light entering the eye.
- Hormones from the placenta are starting to activate the milk in mother’s breasts.
- For baby boy, his testicles will migrate way down from his abdomen into his scrotum. Few newborn boys will have undescended testicles at birth, which will descend within the first year.
- Pregnancy hormones may cause scrotum to be swollen at birth for baby boys and for baby girl, her vulva will appear puffy and swollen as well. Both of these changes settle down within the first few weeks after birth.
- Vernix caseosa which was covering your baby's skin is still protecting it; however the soft downy hair - the lanugo - which was covering baby’s skin, now starts to disappear.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 17.72 inches or 45 centimeter Crown to Heel and weighs about 4.73 pounds or 2146 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...