Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby is now about the size of a small gerbil and could fit in the palm of your hand.
- Baby's nail are well formed and growing, and some babies may need of having their nails trimmed at birth. The ears have also moved from the neck to the head. Baby is emptying his or her bladder every 40-45 minutes.
- The limb movements are becoming more coordinated and unless you been pregnant before, you're still blissfully unaware of any movement at this point. In next few days or week, you will begin to feel fetal movement as your baby's bone hardens, and starts a big growth spurt.
- Baby is able to make sideways movements with its eyes. Though its eyelids are still sealed for protection, the muscles which control their eyes are starting to work. They scrunch up their eyes when bright light shines through your abdominal wall.
- Baby can open its little mouth and move its tiny lips. There's lots of practicing going on as well with breathing and swallowing movements, so that amniotic fluid is constantly being cycled through.
- Though still bit early, the gender of baby can be determined at this point using an ultrasound if baby is a girl or boy. Please note some countries like India have banned sex determination during pregnancy and is a punishable offence.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 4.57 inches or 11.6 centimeter Crown to Rump (CR) and weighs about 3.53 ounces or 100 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...