Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby is growing rapidly and now started building its own immunity and slowly their immunities are becoming self sustainable and are being slowly transferred from you.
- Lanugo forms from sebum and skin cells to create vernix, this is a creamy white substance coating that protects the tender skin from its aqueous environment. Sweat glands are now formed.
- Baby’s external ears are now perfectly formed; they are designed to channel sound waves towards the inner ear where noise can already be heard. This is why it is important to talk to your baby every day, so it can learn to recognize your voice and become familiar when born.
- You may be aware of sleep-wake cycles in your little one. There are lots of baby‘s movements from this week onwards and thought they are not strong enough to cause you any discomfort, the strengths of these movements and their frequency keeps increasing every week.
- Baby is now surrounded by around 320ml of amniotic fluid; the temperature of the fluid is slightly higher than your own core temperature, this helps the baby to stay warmer.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 6.46 inches or 16.4 centimeter Crown to Rump (CR) or 10.08 inches or 25.6 centimeter Crown to Heel and weighs about 10.58 ounces or 300 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...