Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- Baby is now gaining around 170 grams per week. Fat, muscle and growing bones account for most of their weight gain.
- Baby develops distinct sleeping and waking-up patterns. Baby’s senses such as sight, touch, hearing and taste are all maturing so that by birth, it will be able to respond to feeding stimulus.
- Baby's eyelashes and eyebrows are now growing; real hair too begins to grow on their head. Baby is forming footprints and fingerprints, unique markers which will reflect its own, different from anyone else's.
- Baby is almost completely formed, and is beginning to deposit brown fat; the purpose of brown fat is to retain body heat. Newborns are bad at regulating body temperature at first. Babies born now would have about 50% chance of surviving with very special care.
- Baby will grow to average length of about 11.81 inches or 30 centimeter Crown to Heel and weighs about 1.32 pound or 600 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...