Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- The size of baby is now about size of a green olive.
- The heart is almost completely developed and baby's heart beat can now be heard with a Doppler.
- Baby's eyes have grown bigger and have some pigment (color) to them. Most babies are born with black or brown eyes and permanent eye color will become obvious between 6 to 9 months.
- Baby's ears are forming, both inside and out. Mouth now has tiniest tongues and tooth buds are forming in their jaw. Eyelids are forming, as are hair follicles and nipples.
- Fingers and toes are no longer webbed. The arms develop bones, and the hands begin to touch the face. The legs start to move. Ossification or hardening of the bones begins.
- Gonads have become testes (for boys) or ovaries (for girls).
- Baby will grow to average length of about 0.90 inch or 2.3 centimeter Crown to Rump (CR) and weighs about 0.07 ounce or 2 grams towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...