Note: Information provided on this page is for general education only, growth of baby inside womb depends upon many factor and growth of your baby may differ slightly than indicated below, please seek medical assistance when in doubt.
In this week ...
- The head is about ⅓ the size of the entire embryo.
- Brain and face are developing rapidly, back of baby’s head is growing faster than the front, and nostrils and lenses of the eyes begin to form. Mouth and tongue are starting to form.
- Baby’s bones are beginning to form, as well as their facial features now becomes more recognizable.
- Arm buds become paddle-shaped, hands and legs begin to form though they still look like paddles, flapping around from the side of their chest and the hand plates become present.
- Baby’s sex glands are starting to form, the genital tubercle is present, but baby boy or a baby girl is not distinguishable yet by sight. Nasal pits are forming.
- Baby's growth is concentrated on their brain this week and around 100 new brain cells are forming every minute.
- Baby will grow to average length of about ˝ inch or 8 to 11 cm Crown to Rump (CR) towards the ends of this week.
|◄ Fetal Growth in Previous Week
|Fetal Growth Next Week ►
|Fetal Growth in ...